1 June 2007

1st June - Day 12

Well Jon sounds really well on the phone, no temp and nothing to report from yesterday, hes doing fantastic.(edit this was news at 9am)

Myself I have been to the doctors, he sees no sign of a cold, the fact my eyes are feeling dry and my nose was a tad drippy yesterday is prob down to Hayfever, have never really suffered from it before but then you work in a school you assume you catch colds, maybe I have had it before, He also said it can be worse on damp days, which yesterday was. Have woken up today with a dry nose but scratchy feeling eyes. prob to go with my temper from yesterday.

I may pop in and see Jon later today, I will see the nurse on duty for their opinion but I have taken a Hayfever tablet. They may suggest I wear a face mask. (no there wont be a photo!)

(news from PM) Hmmm well I saw a different Jon when I went in this afternoon, he had been taken off for a heart echo (think thats correct, all routine stuff), but when he got back to the room he looked totally shattered. We watched a tv program together quietly, food was served he ate it all but again its tiny portions and he doesn't really feel like eating, but with a little encouragment he does.

We sat and talked for a bit, Jons now starting to find this hard work, hes done fantastic up to now and we did know there would be low points. He was tearful and tired, He had a biggish nosebleed this morning that he hadn't told me about but he is down for platelet transfusion tomorrow, but not sure what time. This should help.

Jon has asked for visitors to be prepared for him to be very sleepy and not too talkative for a few days, I think now hes really needing rest, I'm getting lots of crossword puzzles done while he dozes.. maybe I can win us a prize. He just doesn't want people to be disappointed that hes sleepy, I told him not to worry we all understand. Rest and recovery from the Chemo is whats happening at the min.

It may be worth giving Jon a ring before visiting to check hes going to be in his room and upto visitors. Cheers.

3 comments:

Richard said...

Glad the doctor says your OK. I know how upset you would have been if you couldn't visit and sure Jon would have felt the same. Have to send Jon a msg to get a piccie of you in the mask. Tell Jon I says Ello

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, just letting you know I try and visit the blog every day, keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jon,
I know it's tough for you at the moment but hang on in there bruv, you are doing so well. You too Liz. All your family and friends are thinking of you.
Love Kim x x