4 June 2007

4th June - Day 15

Jon had a really quiet morning, which he didnt seem to mind, I popped into work for a few hours, so Jon got to play a few games on his laptop, again he had a headache this morning but it improved as the day went on. The doctor is watching this, if it continues he may not be allowed home next week, also his blood level hasnt started to rise yet, thats another factor, but he does have this week to build back up.

He had the physio lady visit him today, she's really pleased with his progress, his balance is much better and his weakness is now only marginal, she joked that Jon needed to get on the exercise bike a bit more to get things pumping again. Not sure he will unless I take the laptop away.

Toni was in the area today so she popped in for a visit this afternoon, don't think Jon got too many words in with us women gossiping about work etc, but we did have a few giggles.

I think Jon's finally got his appetite back, he is ordering a medium meal for midday and a small meal for the eve, but thats better than its been for a few days.

I popped into the firestation on the way home as Jon's car seemed to be wobbling a bit, being the totally un car minded I had no idea, thankfully Jimmy came to my rescue and told me my back tyre was only half inflated, will have to keep an eye on that,he checked all the rest, also checked all the oil and water, lights etc for me as Im hopeless at all that sort of thing. Finally realize why I cant see anything when its raining too, the wipers need replacing, big responsability looking after cars, I knew I had Jon around for a reason am missing his skills.

Hurry up and get home need your help!

3 comments:

The Ski's said...

Just wanted to leave a quick message. I came to your blog totally unexpectedly today. I typed in the wrong address by accident and found your site. I just wanted to say how nice your site is, and I ended up staying here for quite awhile perusing. Good wishes and blessings to Jon. My dad is a cancer survivor (5 yrs. now), and I know just a fraction of what you are going through. Do take care, and I will come back to visit another time. Best wishes to you all.....

Venus TAG said...

Thank you so much for stopping by, it's great to hear of success stories, Jon has no access to the blog at the moment, (Maybe next week) but I will pass on your wishes to him.

Anonymous said...

It's the most embarrassing time of my life as I have your mother-in-law explaining to me how a blog is sent! (I'm a blog virgin)
Hope all is going well. We have had a great afternoon with your boys, they have been swimming in the pool and have just given Steve a demo on how to play football!
Look forward to seeing you and Lizzy soon.

Love Marion, Stu and Gang