27 June 2007

27th June - Day 3

Jon's finished the chemo and steroids again for this session, now its a case of letting the drugs do their job. He has been struggling to sit up today for too long as it sends pains down his neck, but this maybe due to fluid retention and its being monitored, normal pain killers didn't do much good earlier today, but late afternoon he was given stronger ones and they dimmed the pain a little more.

Jon seemed a bit lower today with the fact he was unable to move about so much, didn't stop him sitting up and eating some of the Lardy cake my mum had got him, I treated the nurses/doctors to cakes today too, nice to thank them mid treatment as well as on the days we leave.

I managed to not have any cake... was soooooooooooooooo difficult but I stuck to the pack of strawberries and pineapple that I took in. (not the same!)

Thanks for popping in on your way home today Bob, was great to see you, also big thanks for the gadget for the laptop you've given us, will hopefully make things a lot easier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm cake

Venus TAG said...

You will get a slap Matt !!! but yes you can have my share of cake ...am going to be THIN.. I am ... honestly... I hope.lol