3 August 2007

3rd August -

I took the boys in to see Jon today, he also asked for me to take in the Monopoly board game, I had a hunch that it would end in tears... well not tears but tantrums..

Its the Star Wars version of the game, and we taught the boys the rules we play by, playing the game slowly and helping them, things were going well until Jon decided to buy cities (hotels in the old game)... I was first to land on him and Rob thought it was hilarious that I had to sell settlements (houses) and give over most of my money, but I built it back up again, next he landed on Jons twice, by this point Chris was already out of money and spending most of his goes in Jail...Rob then lost all his money, houses and the plot... he got very cross.. the smugness of when I had handed over money was gone and the "not playing anymore" attitude arrived .. got to love kids and games!

Afterwards Arthur one of Jon's nurses came in and asked if either of the boys could be his helper, Rob said no thanks, but Chris offered to help, he got Chris to pinch the skin up on Jon's stomache so that Arthur could give an injection... apparently (cause I was looking away like Rob) Arthur said Chris watched the whole process with awe... he wanted to be an engineer when he grows up.. wonder if that will change to a doctor?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lizz and Jon,
Just to say it was lovely to see you Lizz, you are amazing!! Love to your mum. Also, thinking of you Jon and hope to see you too, next time I pop down!!
lol Liz xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz
I was glad you two got to meet up again, Lizz said she really enjoyed seeing you. Hope your family are all ok and have you got water back on yet?
Hopefully I will be home soon and I will be there next time we meet up.

Take care

Jon Lizz & Boys.