27 August 2007

27th August - My blood

Have decided not to necessarily blog daily as sometimes not too much is happening... today though I felt pain....

But a good type of pain, with Jon receiving peoples blood via transfusions in hospital, the local blood collection was happening today in our town so I went along and donated, had forgotten how painful it is, (I mean the initial needle, am hopeless with needles) not that it lasts long, and I kept thinking to myself Jon has gone through 100% more and never once complained... I hope to give blood 3 times a year to help others in all sorts of situations as well as cancer sufferers like Jon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you.I think that I will follow your example.

Bryan

Anonymous said...

I've been a platelet donor for the past 5 years - if you are fit and healthy, they are desperate for platelet donors. It involves sitting hooked up to a machine for a couple of hours, but it doesn't hurt and the red blood cells etc. are put back in AND they ply you with biscuits and juice!! Most relaxing 2 hours I've spent (you can donate every 6 weeks) and someone like Jon benefits at the end of it. Please think about this as an option as well