31 July 2007

31st July

Jon had his Sister and her daughter Ellie visit him this morning, as I had promised to help the holiday school club on a barge trip along our local canal, I wasn't sure if I would get in to see Jon today, but as he had left his all important "Sims2" disc in his pc at home and wanted it in hospital how could I refuse! lol

I took the boys up with me this afternoon to visit Jon, where we spent the afternoon watching sky sports news on all the football transfers (Why did I not pack my Harry Potter Book!)The boys think its great that my birthday is the day of Liverpool's first match of the season.. Robert even suggested would I like a football birthday party, with a football theme of us all dressing up in football kits and football balloons and watching the match on TV and ... well you get the picture, surprisingly my answer was NO THANX! nice thought though.. bless him.

The kids and I ate at the restaurant in the hospital this eve, Jon is unable to leave his room to join us but we went back up to his room to spend a bit more time with him before travelling home. Oh before I forget ,The kids and I went to the new sweet shop in town and they took the sweets into hospital to help keep them amused,We had such a giggle with the boys trying a sweet that we both ate as a child.. I think it was called moondust then... its still in a small pack and its called popping candy... they both were in fits of laughter as the tiny shards of sweet popped and crackled on their tongue, this new sweet shop in our town is certainly taking us on a trip down memory lane, alas they can no longer get Liquorice Pipes I don't think they make them anymore.

Cya Thursday Jon, am off to have my hair done tomorrow as a birthday pressie from my mum and my old college pal Liz is visiting for the afternoon. will call you tomorrow.

No comments: