24 July 2007

24th July - Day 1

The doctor popped in to see Jon this morning, asked if he had any questions, we said no and he replied well it is your 3rd session you prob know more about it than me now .... the staff are great at putting you at ease, they are so positive its hard to be anything but positive yourself.

Jon started his steroids and first set of Chemotherapy drugs today, we had a quiet morning with me reading my new Harry Potter book (got to chapter 10) and Jon playing on his laptop, we chatted and joked but sometimes just being in the same room is enough without words. All too soon it was time for me to leave, the nurses asked me on my way out if Jon had been wandering into other rooms today!! they haven't seen the label I made for the door saying "Jon's Room". His dad popped in for a few hours this afternoon while I did the wonderful task of food shopping.

I went to pick up the kids from mums but they refused to come home as Grandad Pops had promised them a game of Tennis... as he was babysitting tonight anyway with diet club, mum and dad just kept the kids till it was time for us to come home.

The diet went well this week, again wish it was a bit quicker but am heading in the right direction to be in a smaller dress size for Christmas. I lost 1.5 lbs again this week.. bringing my total for 5 weeks to 8.5lb. Haven't really noticed a difference in clothes fitting differently yet.

Jon is very tired, its the early starts and the fact that the fluids go through the night and disturb him, but we know its only for a few days.

No comments: