18 July 2007

18th July - Police Chase

This morning started off with me at work and Jon at home with Sarah and Enzo visiting, not sure who was worn out more Gemma or Enzo?

After lunch with a quick visit from mum to bring Jon a Lardie Cake (soooooooooooooo not fair as I cant eat any of it!). The afternoon went by uneventful.

We decided that tonight being one of the only free nights we would go to the Cinema in Swindon, we booked a nice early time at the old Shaw Ridge Cinema and went to see Shrek the third with the kids, was great as the car park was pretty empty and there were only about 6 other people in the Cinema watching the film (have to say its not as funny as Shrek 2).

We then spent a few hours in Pizza hut ( I only had a salad... the smell of pizza was soooooooo yummy but I did well). I must admit the service was really slow, took over an hour for our food to arrive but was worth it when it came along, kids really enjoyed it.

But..... the journey home wasn't so good, Jon was on the phone to his brother while I drove through Swindon, we were in old town just going over a mini roundabout and this white car came from my left at top speed,and a screeching of wheels and I'm still not sure how it missed us, I then carried on across the roundabout as I had been halfway across, next thing is a police car races past the back of our car.. blue lights were on but no warning Siren, It was really scary, someone was looking over us tonight because I'm still not sure how the car didn't smash into Jon's side of the car. I think I've finally stopped shaking now... Rob thanked me for saving them, Chris said "Oh well at least the hospital wasn't far away if we needed to go there".. got to love him.

Off now for a very strong cup of tea. Keep safe everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm cake (again) :p