27 July 2007

27th July - Day 4

Hi everyone, Jon had to put up with just me today, the boys have been staying with Bob & Em and the gang today, and thankfully have behaved really well, got to see Tom's new car that hes saved up for himself, see working hard has its benefits, hope Bob got the new stereo in and working!

Jon was a little happier today, but still really bloated, but they are very confident that when the fluids stop being pumped in the fluid retention will stop, its happened in the past, but I guess we tend to forget what it was like. I know Jon's looking forward to a night without being woken up by the pumps making noises to say fluid bags need changing (myself I reminded him how many years I have had to put up with his fire brigade alerter waking me up, but we did chuckle that its maybe not quite the same!)

We sat and watched a movie together this afternoon, time passed really quickly, all to soon it was time for me to go, I guess we were both hoping that they would say he could come home today as in the past he got to come home for the weekend straight after Chemo but this time they started the chemo a day late so fingers crossed that his bloods results come back ok and he gets to come home tomorrow eve.

Yay.. Charley is out of the Big Brother house... we both had been voting, the text messages were flying between us this eve. (Jon and I, not with Charley). Simple things keep us amused in the evenings. What did people do before mobiles and texting?

No comments: