6 July 2007

6th July

A much brighter Jon greeted me today, he has got a very painful mouth ulcer, but the headaches seem to be controlable with the painkillers and they are now keeping on top of them.

When I first arrived, I handed him a gift, I have got him a model to build.. hopefully I will take some photos of the progress and a finished result! But alas in my wisdom I forgot to bring along his craft knife so he couldn't start it today, (have sent the knife and a tray in with Alan to take tomorrow morning).

We spent most of the time doing crossword puzzled, Jon was filling them in, its to help his writing, which I must say is really improving, he still feels it takes him a long time to write but at least the letters are taller than 3mm and are readable.

Oh, we have threatend to do this for ages but Jon decided it was time to find out how fit I am, He has a blood pressure and pulse monitor by his bed, the nurses turn it on to check his a few times a day, we sort of borrowed it, kinda shocked him because my pulse is lower than his, its the steriods, they speeded his pulse up last time, but even though he said I had a fantastic pulse... I didnt tell him I was holding my breath.(shhh)

Will be taking the kids in to annoy him, I mean visit him tomorrow afternoon, hopefully mum and dad will pop in and rescue us and take the kids home for a while. There is only so long you can keep them quiet in a small room with not alot to do in.
We do though have a challenge for them come back tomorrow to find out what it was.

PS - His blood count and platelet count is still dropping so only visit if your really fit and healthy please.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jon,
In sunny Selsey, mum is on the mend and getting stronger each day. Hopefully, I have persuaded her to come back with me on Monday and I can bring her to visit you next week which she really wants to do. Keep your chin up Jon, you are doing fantastically and i am so proud of you. Hope to see you in the week either Tuesday or Wednesday. Take care of yourself, Kim x x x