18 May 2007

18th May - Grass is greener

Well after a lovely, quiet, slow morning, the afternoon today was total chaos!

First thanx to Nick for visiting Jon, its good for Jon to keep up with his mates from work. Oh and hope you didn't get too much mud on you after helping to carry in the turf that arrived at the same time as the glazier to put new glass in the front window...

New glass was needed as the old glass had constant water condensation, we knew this would be happening sometime this week, we booked it a while ago but today was the first dry day the guy could fit us in. Wow its great to have new windows, no more lime scale stuck inside the double glazing... they gleam.. need sunglasses to look out the window.

Have to give a quick mention to Mrs Anderson & Mrs Butler from school who popped round with a wonderful gift for Jon, its been collected from all the staff, for once I'm speechless as to how to even begin to say thank you. The card from everyone made me cry especially the last comment written by the children of year R, am missing them lots too. Thank you for the visit, hope we get to have longer next time.

Thanx also Sarah (Jon's Sis) for visiting and for the lovely choc's, no I haven't eaten them yet, will let Jon have them in his room next week, then I will wait till hes asleep and eat them hehehe. Hope the foot heals up soon Sarah, and will *wink* work on what we talked about.

Oh did I mention dry day... well actually no 10 mins before my brother came early evening to lay the turf on the lovely dry topsoil from yesterday the heavens opened.. but being the trooper he is my brother got drenched and rather than a mud patch with the odd tuft of grass we now have a lawn again... wonder if he will come round everyday to take care of it? should mention Dad came to the rescue and helped too, cheers both of you.



Green.... its green... out the front we have gleaming windows and out the back we have beautiful green grass. Maybe there is some good out of being ill? I know I know its bad to say things like that but...well... wont mention anything else needs fixing or we will end up with the family building us a new house lol.

This eve the four of us spent time in front of the TV watching a film eating microwave popcorn (2nd batch, I still managed to burn the first lot!). We watched a film called "Willow" PG rated.. grrr too gory for me.. in fact Chris and I both kept hiding behind pillows. Its actually a nice film I would rate it 4 out of 5. It has an element of Lord of the rings to it.

So sorry the blogs late (got told off on msn :p ) but couldn't pause the film to come write it earlier.

Well 2 days left till everything starts, will post a schedule of Jon's treatment times as soon as I can on monday so everyone knows the best times to visit etc.

Keep safe everyone catch u tomorrow.

1 comment:

kymberley007 said...

Hi Jon & Liz,

Big sis here! Fantastic blog Liz, great idea to keep updated. I am behind you all the way Jon, you are a brilliant guy and I am so proud of you as my brother. Crazy Kai and Rai send hugs & kisses to you too.
Love to all of you, Kim x x x