17 May 2007

17th May - Dads day today (Oh and bruvs too!)

Today has been a busy day so its whizzed past pretty quick.

The start of the day wasn't great Rob our eldest said he didn't feel well, but we think it was just nerves from tests due in Maths today at school, so being the cruel mum I am I sent him in, got a phone call at lunchtime to have him home he was feeling unwell, once home he ate his lunch and was ready to sit and watch TV for the afternoon... tough decision made but Jon and I decided he didn't actually look ill so we took him back to school for the last lesson.

Mothers instinct made we want to believe he was ill, but in reality I knew he was just wanting to be at home. We know hes very worried about Jon, we all are, but Rob is finding this all a bit hard to cope with. It's really difficult I want to allow Rob time at home with Jon but I know his education is important too.... I feel really torn over this.

Oh yeah back to the title...

Jon's Dad spent the morning trying to fix a leak in our bathroom, Monday night we had water coming through the kitchen light fitting (underneath the bathroom), we've been trying to sort out where the leak was every day, fingers crossed Jon and his dad fixed it today! Its just so strange that it all looks ok but turn the shower on and water appears on the floor beneath the bath.

Also my Dad and Brother Mo turned up today to give our mess of a back garden a makeover, so far we have topsoil down and all the weeds have gone, will really miss that 6ft giant thistle bush that we had grown to love and avoid.... turf arrives tomorrow.

Thanks Dads !!!

Both Jon and I appreciate all the help the family are giving to us, everyone is helping out in their own ways. Everyone has been helping look after the kids when I visited the hospital, I'm not sure I could have got through this without the support of all the family, in case I haven's said it enough.

SmileyCentral.com


Also this eve a couple of firemen from Jon's work came to visit for a cup of tea on their way home from work, cheers guys we both appreciate that people take time out to come visit and just help keep spirits up.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"will really miss that 6ft giant thistle bush that we had grown to love and avoid"

hahahha love it.

Its cool when you read a blog from pepole you have met casue as you read you almost hear it from the person writing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz,
Great idea to blog the day to day events, we at Stn6 can keep up to date on without badgering anyone.
I would just like to say that the thoughts of all the crew at Lambourn are with all of you.
I not sure we can do much to help, but you would only have to ask.
Hang in there and keep on blogging !!

Anonymous said...

Thankyou Stn 6 for your kind words, I'm so lucky to be a Fireman because of the support I have had from so many other Firefighters.

Jon Barrett.