29 May 2007

29th May - Day 9

Jon just called to say he is due a Lumber puncture again today at 2pm.

Have decided not to take the kids in to see Jon, as Rob is sounding full of cold, am unsure if its hay fever or a cold, have dosed him up but its not worth the risk, so have 2 disappointed kids today, but they understand that Daddy cant catch anything or it will make his stay in hospital longer.

Am really scared of catching anything myself, the thought of having to stay away is really painful, so apart from sealing myself into a plastic bubble I guess I just have to hope for luck to be on our side.

Will post more later when I get back home, his mum is visiting this morning so it leaves me time to get some jobs done at home.

Well Jon had the lumber puncture, went well, the doc did touch a nerve which made his leg have pins n needles for a bit but it did wear off. This process did make Jon tired again, so after a short sleep we watched a bit of TV quietly, I did notice a change in Jon today, hasn't got his spark, but we have been warned of this for at least this week, he may get very tired, and emotional.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jon & Liz,

Just to let you know my thoughts are with you and I you have my support, you only have to ask and I will do anything I possibly can to help. Hoping to visit tomorrow evening after work. Good luck with the Lumber Puncture today Jon, glad you were feeling better yesterday.

Love Kim x x x

Unknown said...

Hi Jon,
I too am a blog virgin, so hopefully I shan't cock this up!
Pete W has been keeping me up to speed with your progress (and has sent the link for your blog.
Just to let you and Liz know our thoughts are with you and if there's anything I can do to help, just let me know. Will pop round and see you when you're back home next, if that's okay.
Hope the lumbar puncture went off okay!
All the best,
Jerry Allen

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
Just a quick note to let you know that all at the Rusher household are thinking of you and send all our love.

Take care John, George, Joe and Harry.
xxxxx