23 May 2007

23rd May - Day 3

Yikes getting nervous with this blog now, seems its being read world wide, must watch my spellings. Thanks everyone for tuning in to it though.

Jon had a visit from his mum this morning, she stayed for a couple of hours along with her friend, which meant I had time to go food shopping, suddenly realized we had nothing to put in the lunch boxes today.

I got to the hospital midday ready for the afternoon to find Jon with 3 pumps of liquids, now thats just being greedy! He has had an hour of Cytarabine then 6 hours of Methotrexate on one pump, 2 x 6 hours of fluids on the middle pump and the 12 hours of steroids on the final pump. His heart is still racing a little fast but has improved today with the fluid intake.

There thats the technical bit over with, in himself Jon's doing great, hes getting phone calls from family and friends which is great. It's nice to see him laughing with his mates on the phone.

His final visit of the day was my mum and Robert as well for a short visit before his early night (not a chance with the football on, but will try) before his German trip tomorrow. I'm so scared I will oversleep and not wake up at 3am.

Am writing this mid game of the Liverpool match they are losing 1-0 to AC Milan I do hope Jon didn't shout too loud at the TV. (I did warn the nurse on duty to soundproof his door)

Just a final note, Jon is also allowed to leave his room at the moment and escape as far as the Day room, the room has 2 computers with internet access, so Jon's been checking the blog daily for replies, and the TAG forum for messages and jokes to tell the nursing staff in the evenings. He cant actually check his hotmail, sorry about that.

You don't need to be a blog member to leave a message you can sign it as other and just enter a username and leave the password box blank, or you can have anonymous dotted and sign the end of your comment. Doesn't need to be an essay like mine but he does enjoy reading the comments. One day I will remember to keep the blog short and sweet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jon,

How are you doing, it was great to see you last night and we did have a laugh about lots of silly things. You are so positive and strong, you are my hero. I'm sure that you have your moments but you are doing fantastically well and I am so proud of you. Liz is so strong as well and you are both a brilliant example to everyone. Hope Rob has a good trip and Liz gets up on time!! Take care and I'll see you soon.
Love Kim x x x x x

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming to visit Kim, it was great to see you all. Your post got me all emotional so its hard to type for now but thanks for the kind words.