22 April 2008

22nd April 2008

Ouch!... there must be easier ways to lose weight than by giving a pint of blood away but hopefully it will have worked and I will be a little lighter for diet club this eve.

I gave blood today with Chris watching me, not that he watched much he was more interested in his DS game, he did go yuck when the lady showed him the bag of blood at the end, but was very pleased to get a chocolate biscuit and drink at the end of the session with me. Hes going to think about giving blood when hes older.... hes got a good few years to decide on that one anyhow.

I was told some platelets get taken from my blood today and pooled into a dontation. I have asked about platelets but would need to goto Oxford regularly to give them (8-10 times a year). This is maybe a bit far so I will just continue to give blood whenever I get chance locally.

No comments: